Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Meal Being Prepared (Dream)

Dream...

I was in a grocery store. A huge grocery store/fun house cause everyone was having a blast in the store. I saw a man who was making some food. I was asking him what it was and that I wanted some. It was baklava and hummus wrapped in panceta. (sounds yummy but very wierd) and then he asked if I wanted to try something. He was very inviting and I knew he knew what he was doing, so i really wanted to. He handed me what looked like some grilled onions. I ate them and they were spicy. He asked what I thought and I said, "there spicy" and he smiled at me and said 'ya spicy' like he knew there was more meaning to that. Then he said, come with me ill show you how to cook something (I think) and he came over to this stand like you might see in a costco where peeps are giving out samples. He lit a fire in the middle of this grill thing, then he took ice and poured it on each side of the fire and then right over the fire. The ice did not fall on the fire though, it just got poured right over it and appeared to be held up by an invisible barrier. I could see the fire flickering through the ice. Then the ice started melting over the fire but it was not effecting the flame. Then i looked up and saw above that grill there was a griddle that was about head hight with a huge steak like piece of meat that was cooking. Kelly was there and she took some salt and and seasoned half the steak. I was impressed cause she seemed like she knew what she was doing, then I grabbed salt and seasoned the other half cause I wanted to be involved. Then i checked the bottom of the steak to see how cooked it was and it was only barley cooked on the bottom portion. The top portion (which we seasoned was more browned) Thats about it. I know he was going to make something really really delicious though. His presence was very pleasent and inviting. And he knew what he was doing.

No comments: